Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Super Simple Chili

A new favorite in my house this winter is chili!  I like to use the McCormick Chili Seasoning Mix.  I base my chili recipe on the McCormick recipe but I add a few things.

Ingredients
  • 1 pkg. McCormick® Chili Seasoning Mix
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 can (14 ½ oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 can (15 to 16 oz.) kidney beans, undrained
  • 1/2 green bell pepper
  • 2 c. cooked rice
  • shredded cheese
Directions
  1. Brown beef in medium pot on medium-high heat.
  2. Stir in McCormick Seasoning Mix, diced tomatoes sauce and kidney beans. Bring to boil; cover. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  3. Serve over rice and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
*Sometimes I serve the chili as a soup and let the kids scoop it up with Ritz crackers or add Goldfish crackers.  They like to have a part in making their dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment