Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cupcake Topper Template

One of the easiest ways to incorperate your theme with cupcakes is to use cupcake toppers.  I have made cupcake toppers in the past for a Phineas and Ferb birthday party.  However, I didn't have a good template to cut out circles and now I do. 


Directions using Microsoft Word
  1. Download a copy of the Cupcake Topper Template
  2. Use Google to search for images that relate to your party theme. 
  3. Then copy and paste your chosen images onto the template.
  4. Right click on your images and select the Text Wrapping, then the In Front of Text option.
  5. Reduce the size of the images to fit inside the cirlces on the template.
  6. Print toppers and cut them out.
  7. Use a gluestick to attach toothpick and colorful backing paper with a bit larger diameter.
I used this template to make cupcake toppers for my son's upcoming Mario Kart Wii birthday party - Mario Kart Wii Cupcake Toppers

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for this!!!! Its so much more fun to make all these things yourself. And it helps me a great deal since I'm in the UK and not a lot of items are available to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I'm so glad I could help. I too enjoy making party supplies myself. I plan to post more soon. Have fun! =)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for posting! Will be using for a birthday party this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy I could help. I hope you all have a great time this weekend at the birthday party.

      Delete
  3. I have never done these before and am attempting them for my daughter's bday coming up. I created labels with what I wanted on Avery's website and was going to cut a bigger scalloped circle out of card stock and stick the label on that. Have you ever done it this way? I am hoping they turn out ok...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much. Very helpful...needed some guidance and it is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!! Perfect for my daughters school cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Thank you for sharing; this is fantastic. Do you have a blank cupcake topper template for mini cupcakes at all? Thanks

    ReplyDelete