Thursday, May 10, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

This year I got a gift for each of my child's lead teacher, our bus driver and the new Assistant Principal who was a huge help to us this year with our son.  We love to give to the teachers when we can but, we don't have as much as we would like to give.  So, I try to make the best of what I can find. 

This year I found some great gifts in the $1 bins at Michael's craft store (my favorite place to go for teacher gifts).  Since we are giving the gifts for Teacher Appreciation Week and the school year is almost over, I decided to put together a "pampering kit" for the teachers to help them relax and rest up over the summer.

Pampering Kit ($1 items from Michael's):
  • Nail Files - 2 pack
  • Sleep Mask
  • Manicure/Pedicure Kit
  • Back Massager
Each of the items came in 4 or 5 different colors.  So, I gave each teacher all the items in one color and put them in a gift bag ($0.79 at Michael's) that was the same color.  I buy white tissue paper in bulk, so I already had some at home.  I only used one sheet of tissue paper for each bag. 

I added a little something to spruce up the packaging.  I had ribbon at home from the hair bows I make my daughter.  So, I used coordinating ribbon to make a bow on each bag.  From the bow I had their name that I printed out on card stock and cut out with decorative craft scissors.

I also had note cards that I bought from the $1 bin at Target (10 note cards for $1).  So, I used those to write thank you cards to the teachers and tell them how grateful for all their hard work and for being kind to our kids.

I think they turned out great!  I hope the teachers like them as much as I did.  =)  Happy Teacher's Appreciation Week!!!




*These gifts are also great for End of the Year teacher's gifts, Mother's Day gifts and Christmas gifts too!

No comments:

Post a Comment