We tried this one a couple of nights ago. It was super easy and delicious! Even the baby loved it!
"Steak Night", Healthy Recipes Kids Love
by American Heart Association (serves 4-5)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless sirloin steak
- 1-2 medium garlic cloves, halved crosswise
- 1 1/2 tsp canola or corn oil
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8-1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tblsp light soy sauce (I used regular)
- 1 tblsp sugar (you could try light brown sugar)
- Rub both sides of the steak with garlic. Pour the oil into a large nonstick skillet and swirl to coat the bottom. Heat over medium-high heat. Put the steak in the skillet and sprinkle with half the salt and half the pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn and sprinkle the remaining salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes for medium rare, or until the desired doneness. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- When the steak is done pour the vinegar mixture into the skillet with the steak, scraping to dislodge any browned bits. Bring to a boil. Boil for 1 1/2 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, stirring constantly.
- To serve, cut the steak into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices on plates and spoon the sauce over the steak.