"Orangy Grilled Chicken," Healthy Recipes Kids Love
By American Heart Association (Serves 4-5)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tblsp light brown sugar
2 tblsp balsamic vinegar or plain rice vinegar
1 tblsp olive oil
4 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- In large airtight plastic bag or glass baking dish, combine all the ingredients except the chicken.
- Add the chicken and turn to coat. Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Discard marinade.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill on medium-high.
- Grill the chicken for 15-17 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center, turning once. Watch the chicken carefully so it doesn't burn.
- To serve, transfer breast halves to plates.