Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekly Menu of Family Dinners

I have found that when I plan out our family meals for the week before heading to the grocery store, I save more money and time.  I tried designating a meal for each day but I felt restricted by it.  Instead, I plan five family dinners for the week and get all the groceries needed for them at the beginning of the week.  Each day, I choose one of the meals depending on what I'm in the mood for.  I already have all the groceries, so there's no need to run out to the store again until the weekend.  Here is an example of my Weekly Dinner Plan and Grocery List:

Dinners
  1. Pork Chops, Green Beans and Stove Top Stuffing
  2. Spaghetti, Corn and Garlic Bread
  3. Shoyu Chicken with Rice and Peas
  4. Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
  5. Beef Stew with French Bread
Grocery List
  • Pork Chops
  • Hamburger
  • Chicken Thighs
  • Stew Meat
  • Stove Top Stuffing
  • French Bread
  • Rice
  • Sandwich Bread
  • Canned Green Beans
  • Frozen Corn
  • Frozen Peas
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Potatoes
  • Butter
  • Garlic Salt
  • Shoyu Sauce
  • Brown Sugar
  • Spaghetti Sauce
  • Spaghetti Noodles
  • Family Size Can Chicken Noodle Soup
  • Sliced American Cheese
  • Jar of Pork Gravy
  • Jar of Beef Gravy
Organizing my meals at the beginning of the week has gotten rid of the stress that hits everyday at 4:00 pm when I'm asking myself:  "Uh oh, what am I making for dinner!?!".  I hope this list helps you too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment