Monday, May 9, 2011

Best Baby Monitor

My sister is expecting a baby and asked me to research the best baby monitors out on the market today.  So I began my search on Consumer Search, a free website with expert reviews on everything from electronics to the family pet.  Under their baby monitor section, Consumer Search lists the top four rated baby monitors (and the runner-ups) with photos, prices, specs and more.  Then I looked on Target and Walmart websites to read reviews from real parents who have already tried them out.  I was able to narrow down the selection based on my sister's needs and the reviews to two.

My top two recommendations to my sister for baby monitors were the Philips Avent SCD510 DECT Baby Monitor and the Sony Baby Call Nursery Monitor NTM-910.  The Avent digital monitor is great for families in apartments/townhouses or tech savvy families with wireless Internet, cordless phones, etc because it doesn't get inference from these devices.  However, the price tag is hefty at about $100.  For a much less cost, you can pick up the Sony Baby Call.  With a great price around $40, you save big but, it is an analog monitor which can mean more inference.  My sister has chosen to try the Sony out first and return it if it doesn't work for her.  If that's the case, she will purchase the Avent baby monitor.

To help you find the baby monitor that is best for your family, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Really good post: I knew something about baby monitor in this post. I think Philips Avent SCD510 DECT baby monitor is the best. Thanks for the great info.

    ReplyDelete