Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Creative Gift Idea

I showed you the gifts I put together for my first graders teacher with Gift for Teacher or Mom.  I also made gifts for my preschooler's teachers.  I got the idea for their gifts from when I was searching the internet for Gift Ideas for Teachers.


I decided to make my preschooler's teachers decorative canvas tote bags.  He has three preschool teachers and I was able to find a 3-pack of brightly colored canvas totes at Walmart.  I had decorative and alphabet iron-ons at home, so I didn't need to buy those.  I also grabbed a few things to fill the bags:  designer notebook, designer planner, 2 nice pens and a bag of Hershey's Bliss chocolates.


I put the words HOPE, LOVE and JOY on the bags with iron-on velvet letters.  I surrounded each word with relative and colorful iron-on images.  I chose these words because these particular preschool teachers have taught our two oldest children over the last four years and during this time they have brought hope, love and joy into our children's lives.  It only seemed fitting to tell them so.


My son and I gave his teachers their gifts today in celebration of Teacher Appreciation week.  However, this is a creative and fun craft or gift idea for anyone and any occassion.  I had fun making them and the teachers loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment