Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mario Kart Wii Homemade Gift Bags

I like to make homemade gift bags whenever I get the chance and it was super simple with a Mario Kart Wii party theme.  I just used white paper lunch bags and traced a star in the center with a star template using a black marker.  I printed a clipart image of a Mario star (to the right) and cut it out to make my template.  You can also use a star-shaped cookie cutter.  Then I colored in the star with a yellow marker and drew on eyes with a black marker.

Then I packed each back with a small activity book (8 for $1, Walmart), a toy car (3 for $1, Dollar Tree), a small pack of crayons (8 for $1, Dollar Tree), Mario Kart Wii tattoos I ordered online (8 for $4, BirthdayExpress.com) and a Mario Bros fruit snack (10 for $3, Walmart).  You could also print out coloring sheets from my Mario Kart Wii Coloring Pages post, roll them up and put them in the gift bags.

I folded over the top of each bag, lined them up and put my Homemade Mario Kart Wii Standups next to them.  I used them as part of the birthday party decorations.  They were a big hit!  Here is the end result:

You can use this idea with any theme really.  Get creative and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment