Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Easy Potty Training Clean Up

I was at church this past Sunday, speaking with other mothers about potty training my daughter.  I told them, I hate to use disposable training pants because they are not as effective as underwear.  But, when you use underwear, you are constantly worrying about messes on upholstered furniture, carpets and beds. 

My friend then told me that when her children had accidents during nap and the mattress protector failed, she sprinkled it with baking soda.  She would let it sit to give it time to absorb the moisture.  Later she would vacuum up the baking soda and the mattress would be dry and odor free. 

I was a bit skeptical at first but, when I had my daughter in underwear yesterday and she had an accident on my husband's chair.  That's when I knew I had to try it. 

I used the generic brand of baking soda I keep in my refrigerator.  I sprinkled it on the wet area and let it sit for about 30 minutes.  I could see the baking soda starting to clump, so I went ahead and vacuumed it.  I noticed that there were a couple of spots that were still damp and I covered them with baking soda again.  I waited another 30 minutes and vacuumed up the remains.  Afterward, my husband's chair was dry and had a faint smell of baking soda and nothing else.  I was impressed!  I'm heading to the store to stock up on this inexpensive miracle worker!


More uses for baking soda:

No comments:

Post a Comment