Monday, January 3, 2011

Dress Up Date Night At Home

Being a stay-at-home-mom is an endless and exhausting job.  So, by the time my husband gets home from work I tend to look less than desirable.  I was able to remind my husband why he married me when we would go out on dates.  However, 3 kids and 1 recession later, dates out with my hubby are few and far between. 

Friday nights my husband and I tend to flop down in the family room, he on the recliner and me on the couch, and watch a DVD.  This is what we now called our "date night".   But we may have not even notice each other leaving the room if we didn't have to pass the TV on the way out.  I knew I had to do something to bring life back to our marriage.  After some thought a little bit of creativity, I decided to "dress up" date night at home.  Here are a couple of ways to bring excitement into a date night at home:
  1. Clean Up - Pick up all the kids things that may be laying around in the space you will be spending your date.  Getting your kids off your mind will allow you to enjoy each other as husband and wife rather than mom and dad.
  2. Dress Up - Have your hubby put the kids to bed while you freshen up, put some make-up on and maybe even a dress.  You don't have to leave the house to look nice.  Besides, it's your hubby you are dressing up for, not the rest of the world.
  3. Grown Up Refreshments - Instead of popcorn and soda while watching a movie, toast a baguette, slice up some cheese and open a bottle of wine.  Go ahead and have two glasses, no designated driver is needed when you stay home.
  4. Order In - Have dinner for two delivered to your house or have your hubby pick it up on his way home from work.  Even if it's just Applebee's Carside To Go, it's still nicer than mac and cheese.  Put out a nice table cloth and some candles and you have a romantic dinner for two right at home! 
More Great Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment