Friday, July 29, 2011

Corn Dog Muffins

While making Jiffy's corn muffins, my oldest son gave me an idea.  He said, "I wish you were making corn dogs instead."  I then realized, with the left over hot dogs in the fridge, I could make corn dogs.  Well, I could make corn dog muffins. 

Ingredients
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
  2. Mix Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, milk and egg in a bowl.
  3. Cut each hot dog down the middle, length-wise.  Then slice into small pieces.
  4. Add hot dog pieces into muffin mix.
  5. Fill 8 lined or greased muffin tins about 2/3 full.
  6. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until muffins are light brown.  Let cool and serve.
I served these delicious Corn Dog Muffins with a small bowl of soup.  It's a new family favorite meal!  The kids are already asking when I will make them again.

This is a great recipe for make ahead meals for kids parties, lunch boxes and to freeze for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment