Thursday, July 14, 2011

Finding the Right Babysitter

Finding a babysitter for your children can be difficult and time consuming.  However, it is also one of the most important things you will do for your family.  My husband and I haven't had a babysitter for our kids in a few years.  So, we are looking once again.

First things first, how much do you pay a babysitter?  I did some research and found a lot of great information to help us decide what we can afford.  If you need help figuring out the going rate for babysitters in your area, check out my post How Much to Pay the Babysitter.

Now, time to find the babysitter.  Luckily enough, a young girl across the street from us passed out flyers advertising that she was looking for babysitting jobs.  I plan on giving her a call very soon.  If you need help finding a babysitter, try these helpful links:
There are online sites that specialize in finding babysitters too.  They often offer background checks on the babysitters they provide, which is great!
Once you've decided on a possible babysitter, it's a great idea to give them a trial period.  I plan to invite the babysitter over a few times to watch my children while I am at home with them (great time to do some deep cleaning around the house).  It's a great way to help you decide if they are a good fit for your kids.  Since I'll be home, I will be paying less than I would if I were out.  After the trial period, I'll increase her pay for the times I am out of the house.

Do you have helpful tips on finding a babysitter?  I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment and share your story.  Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment